Life is meant to be savored, but that’s not easy with no family, limited prospects and a past you’d rather not talk about. Still, Callie Smith doesn’t know how to feel when she discovers she has a brother and a sister—Malcolm, who grew up with affection, wealth and privilege, and Keira, a streetwise twelve-year-old. Callie doesn’t love being alone, but at least it’s safe. Despite her trepidation, she moves into the grand family home with her siblings and grandfather on the shores of Lake Washington, hoping just maybe this will be the start of a whole new life.
But starting over can be messy. Callie and Keira fit in with each other, but not with their posh new lifestyle, leaving Malcolm feeling like the odd man out in his own home. He was clever enough to turn a sleepy Seattle mail-order food catalog into an online gourmet powerhouse, yet he can’t figure out how to help his new sisters feel secure. Becoming a family will take patience, humor, a little bit of wine and a whole lot of love. But love isn’t Malcolm’s strong suit…until a beautiful barista teaches him that an open heart, like the family table, can always make room for more.
In this emotional, funny and heartfelt story, Susan Mallery masterfully explores the definition of a modern family—blended by surprise, not by choice—and how those complicated relationships can add unexpected richness to life.
READ CHAPTER 1: When We Found Home excerpt
CONTEST HAS CLOSED FOR ENTRIES. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS: KAREN CHANDLER AND CHERYL BROWN! Another contest coming very soon!
1. No Purchase Necessary. Susan Mallery Inc family members and employees are not eligible to submit a Contest entry. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Submittal of entry constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. How to Enter. Complete the entry form on the Contest page at SusanMallery.com. A second method of entry may be offered during the contest terms at the sole discretion of Susan Mallery Inc. All entries become the property of Susan Mallery Inc. Alternate method of entry: If you can't see the entry form or can't get it to work, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items: 1) your complete name and mailing address; 2) a statement as to whether or not you are a member of the Susan Mallery All Access group. Membership is not required to win the first advanced copy of When We Found Home. However, the second copy will be awarded in a second contest exclusively for entrants who are members of the group. Membership will be confirmed before the second book is awarded. You can join here: facebook.com/groups/susanmalleryallaccess
3. Winning. One reader will be randomly selected from all the entrants to win an advance reader copy of When We Found Home. A second winner will be randomly selected from entrants who are also members of the Susan Mallery All Access Group. (See above.) The readers' names will be announced on or around Monday, May 7, 2018 on the Contest page at SusanMallery.com and in a Facebook post at facebook.com/susanmallery. Entrants are advised to add the domain @susanmallery.com to their Safe Senders list in whatever email service provider they use. Prize will be mailed to the address provided on the entry form. Susan Mallery Inc. is not responsible for incorrectly submitted addresses. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Liability. By participating in this Contest, you accept all risk and consequences of such entry and participation. Susan Mallery Inc not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of any entrants. Should Susan Mallery Inc become aware that an entrant has engaged in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of these Official Rules, such entrant shall be subject to immediate disqualification.
6. Entire Agreement. These terms set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to this Contest.