The release of California Girls is only three weeks away, and there are some open spots on the Review Crew. Keep reading!
I couldn't be more excited to get this book into your hands (with a dash of nerves thrown in.) This is a standalone women's fiction novel about three sisters who are dumped the same week, and how they each deal with the fallout in very different ways. Cosmopolitan Magazine featured California Girls as a book you should read in February, and hey—don't you do everything Cosmo says you should do?
I'm really curious to see which of the sisters resonates the most with you. Will it be tenderhearted Ali, who has always felt overshadowed by her bright and beautiful sisters? Or Zennie, who's happily single and wishes the world would stop pressuring her to pair up? Or Finola, who is about to get the worst possible news at the worst possible moment—right before she goes on live TV?
The California sunshine’s not quite so bright for three sisters who get dumped in the same week…
Finola, a popular LA morning show host, is famously upbeat until she’s blindsided on live TV by news that her husband is sleeping with a young pop sensation who has set their affair to music. While avoiding the tabloids and pretending she’s just fine, she’s crumbling inside, desperate for him to come to his senses and for life to go back to normal.
Zennie’s breakup is no big loss. Although the world insists she pair up, she’d rather be surfing. So agreeing to be the surrogate for her best friend is a no-brainer—after all, she has an available womb and no other attachments to worry about. Except…when everyone else, including her big sister, thinks she’s making a huge mistake, being pregnant is a lot lonelier—and more complicated—than she imagined.
Never the tallest, thinnest or prettiest sister, Ali is used to being overlooked, but when her fiancé sends his disapproving brother to call off the wedding, it’s a new low. And yet Daniel continues to turn up “for support,” making Ali wonder if maybe—for once—someone sees her in a way no one ever has.
But side by side by side, these sisters will start over and rebuild their lives with all the affection, charm and laugh-out-loud humor that is classic Susan Mallery.
Buy at Target for Exclusive Bonus Content!
GET WHAT YOU WANT FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
Valentine's Day is next week. Wouldn't you love to get a book or two from your sweetie? And hey, he'd benefit, too, because my books will put you in the mood. Use my website's Gift Registry feature to let him know what you really, really want. He'll thank you for it, because the email he receives will come complete with BUY LINKS to make it as easy as possible for him to be thoughtful.
It's as easy as 1-2-3 (4-5-6-7)!
1. Go to SusanMallery.com/available-now.php and click the pink/red OPEN BOOK LIST FEATURE button at the top of the page.
2. Enter your email address and select either RETRIEVE LIST (if you've used the feature previously) or MAKE LIST (if this is your first time), then click GO.
3. Click blue SHOW PERSONALIZED BOOK LIST button. This will load a new page that looks the same as the normal page, except that if you made a list previously, your selections will be marked. If this is your first time, then the default selection on each book is NOT SURE.
4. Click pink/red OPEN BOOK LIST FEATURE button (yes, again).
5. Scroll down the page past the top three featured books to where you see the book covers with buy links. Under each book cover, you'll see toggle buttons labeled READ, HAVEN'T READ or NOT SURE. Mark each book. Only the books you mark as HAVEN'T READ will appear on the gift registry you will send to your loved ones. Scroll back up, select SAVE LIST, then click GO. Important: If you navigate away from this page before saving your list, all of your selections will be lost.
6. Scroll up the page and tap the blue button labeled SEND YOUR GIFT REGISTRY TO LOVED ONES.
7. Enter the first name and email address of your loved one (one at a time), then click SEND MY GIFT REGISTRY.
That's it! Then your loved one will get an email with a link that will show all of the Susan Mallery books you haven't read yet and would love to receive. They're happy, you're happy, and you have the best Valentine's Day ever!
P.S. If you don't want to send a gift registry, but you do want to save and print your own personal Susan Mallery Book List to keep track of which books you have and haven't read, follow steps 1-4 above, and then:
5. Scroll down the page past the top three featured books to where you see the book covers with buy links. Under each book cover, you'll see toggle buttons labeled READ, HAVEN'T READ or NOT SURE. Mark each book. Scroll back up to save regularly so you don't lose your work.
6. When your list is complete, select SHOW/PRINT LIST, then click GO.
7. Click the blue PRINT PERSONALIZED BOOK LIST button. This will open a new web page that lists the books and buy links. But when you print that web page on your printer (instructions vary depending on your device), it will be a black and white list with no buy links, to preserve ink and paper.
JOIN THE CALIFORNIA GIRLS REVIEW CREW
The Review Crew is a group of 200 readers* who will get an early copy of California Girls in the mail for free—a print book you can hold in your hands! Then each Review Crew member who posts two or more reviews to book websites before the deadline will hold her spot on the Review Crew for The Summer of Sunshine and Margot, my summer hardcover. And so on, and so on…
Let me break that down for you: That means you could get all of my new books a couple weeks before the rest of the world sees them—and for free!
*With sincere apologies to my international readers, Review Crew members must have a US mailing address.
The final Review Crew will be announced next week, so don't put this off. Enter right away!